Requirements to Enter an Ironworkers Apprenticeship Program:
- Minimum age of 18 years.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent as specified by the local training committee.
- Good physical condition – The materials used for ironworking are heavy and bulky so above average physical strength is necessary.
- Agility and a good sense of balance.
- Drug and alcohol free.
- Have a valid drivers license.
- Must meet requirements as set out in applicable citizenship laws.
- Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm
- 1078 Atlantic Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43609
- (419) 382-3080
- There is a $10.00 non-refundable application fee at the time of application.
An Important Note:
It is important to mention that an ironworker must be willing to work in high places, have a good sense of balance, and be alert to potential danger to themselves and others. However, the apprenticeship program includes safety training with OSHA Authorized Construction Trainers so that the danger is minimized.
Read more about what it takes to become an Ironworker on the International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers’s website.
If you think you exhibit the correct aptitude and attitude to begin a career in the construction trades, apply for the Iron Workers Local 55 apprenticeship program.